In 2006 JCC Global – in partnership with UJA Federation of New York, the Jewish Agency for Israel and the Israel – New York Connections Office – initiated the Tri Center project. It began with a Tri Center Pilot Project connecting four JCCs in three cities- in Jerusalem, New York and Buenos Aires- blossoming into close to ten Tri Center Projects that span the entire Jewish world. It helped transform the implementation possibilities of Jewish Peoplehood concepts.
Evaluation and research conducted by Dr. Ezra Kopelowitz and numerous anecdotal data demonstrated that these pioneering projects are meaningful, innovative and long lasting (document can be presented upon request.) They add richness and meaning to the personal lives of the individuals involved, they strengthen the local Jewish community and they create a sense of shared responsibility among Jews the world over.
Past and current Tri Centers:
- New York/ Jerusalem/ Buenos Aires
- New York/ Jerusalem/ London
- New York/ Jerusalem/ Toulouse, France
- New York/ Ashdod/ Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
- New York/ Holon/ Munich, Germany
- Miami/ Yerucham/ Buenos Aires
- New York/ Holon/ Sofia, Bulgaria
- New York/ Tel Aviv/ Istanbul, Turkey
- New York/ Jerusalem/ DCI Mexico